Ensayos maniacoideológicos

cacofonías del egoísmo

3/12/2003

Su nombre es Shanon, ella tiene una sensibilidad extraordinaria, lo cual es mucho más meritorio por ser norteamericana. Pero ella no solo es eso también es mucho más:

Me/You

What do you notice when our glances cross?
I have black hair and green eyes.
I’m Mexican, Guatemalan, and Irish,
And I was born in a city known for its diversity and liberal thought.

What do you see when we meet?
I’m frightened and lonely…
I’m searching for the path where the answers flow with such ease,
While, simultaneously, longing to live rather than survive.

But what do you hear when we speak?
My voice utters my pain and confusion in two languages.
Each phrase symbolizes the duality of my life.
Each thought I relinquish stumbles in its quest for meaning.

What do you sense when we’re in each other’s presence?
My being has witnessed and experienced beauty and horror.
My heart has loved and been broken.
My soul yearns to share without exigency.

Here I am…Who are you?

Shanon